ECEEN Solar Charger 20W Portable Solar Panel Charger with 2 USB Output Ports Waterproof Foldable Camping Phone Sunpower Charger for Tablet GPS iPhone Ipad Camera and USB Devices
Features of the Charger:
HIGH EFFICIENCY -- Three Sunpower solar panels cell that allows them to reach 21%-24% of conversion efficiency while providing enough power (up to 2.0A max per port or 3.0 A max overall)
SMART DUAL USB OUTPUTS -- Dual USB ports output Built in smart IC detects the electronic devices plugged into the USB ports for fast charging two phones simultaneously under safe conditions as well as the prevention of overheating
PORTABLE & FOLDABLE -- The 6.3x 11.1x 1.06 inch (when folded ) small size and 17.3-ounce design that can easily squeeze in your backpack offers portability and simplicity, and the attachment hook makes it ideal for connecting to a backpack while you’re on the hiking or walking
DURABLE DESIGN -- The canvas surface and precision stitching withstand rugged for outdoor use and the PET polymer cover that guarantees IPX4 waterproof level protection will make the panels resistant to water and even dust
PACKAGE -- ECEEN 20W Solar Charging Panel, Micro USB Cable, Carabiners and User Manual
The Perfect Companion for Adventures
The ECEEN 20W Solar Charger is the Perfect Companion for Adventures which is suitable for trekking, camping, hiking, climbing, picnics, fishing, boat or any outdoor activities. when you go outdoors, the ECEEN Triple Panel Solar Charger will be ready for you.
- Built-in Net Pocket with Zip, keep your devices safe and clean, 21.5-23.5% Solar Efficiency.
- Ultra lightweight (18 oz) and ultra compact (6.3x 11.1x 1.06in folded or 26.3x 11.1in opened) design, When folded, it has the same size and thickness as a magazine, it easily fits in your backpack.
- Broad Compatibility: Compatible with all iphones, tablets, GPS, Camera and other USB-supported devices.
- The package includes 4 hooks, allowing you to hook your solar panel to some where you like (trees, backpacks, curtains, etc.)
- Fast Charging Technology: SmartIC Technology that detects the device plugged into through USB PIN signals, which gives output at full power and fast charging speed.
- USB Output1 : Max 5V/2.0A
- USB Output2 : Max 5V/2.0A
- Output Total : Max 5V/3A
- Actual solar panel output power: 20W Total
- Actual maximum USB output power: 20W
- Water Resistant: IPX4.0
- Ambient temperature: 70°C to -10°C/158℉ to 14℉
- Weight ：622g/21.94oz
- Solar Panel*1
- Micro USB Cable*1
- 20W refers to the power of the solar panel, which is not equal to the actual output power of the USB port, the power energy power is base on your phones, weather and connect cable quality etc.
-This solar panel charger does NOT store power, you will need a power bank to store power or connecting to your device directly to charge.
- Our product is compatible with Apple device, but please use the original Apple cable. And please remember that Apple devices has an inner chip that stop the charge of the phone whenever its inner temperature get too hot.
- Sometimes, The device will reset automatically, the solar panel will detect the density of the sun all the time to make sure the device quick and safe charging for your phone.
- Any cloud cover arrives it may knock the value of ammeter down. We suggest you to re plug the device and reopen the solar panels to reset the power controller.
- To prevent this kind of situations while charging the phone under the sun, we suggest to use a longer cable and keep the phone in a shadow area.
Delighted with this, delivered promptly and well packaged. Charges an iPhone 6S in full sun in around 3 hours. My main use is to couple it with a 10,000 or 5,000mAh power bank to store power and then to charge my devices from that at a later time. I find this a better way of operating as it leaves me free to use the device during the day and charge from stored solar overnight. Made a simple folding stand to get the solar panel in the optimal position for energy collection which you can see in the photo, works great!
This is an awesome bit of kit!
I am a field biologist and a lot of my research takes me in very remote areas. I have just returned from a 2-week long expedition in Madagascar and this solar charger was constantly used to charge all of my kit (camera batteries, iphone, AAA batteries, etc). It has two ports to charge two items at a time and it charged everything very quickly. I think my iphone would charge in about 4 hours (sunny). The second week it was very cloudy and I even managed to get some stuff charged without direct sunlight. I also got it quite damp accidentally a few times and it was not affected in any way.
Make sure you protect your devices from overheating by putting them in the little pouch on top and hiding the whole thing under the solar panels.
75 people found this helpful
Of all the similar panels this seemed to be the best of the bunch, it outputs the most energy and it's a decent price. It works well behind glass, I've had it in the conservatory and it starts generating electricity as it should. I've had it running the last two days, both days have had cloudy overcast times and it's still produced some power.
Bought in conjunction with the 20100 battery pack which has taken about 4 hours to charge up to 50% from 25%.
Took this away on a recent trip to Lanzarote and didn't need to charge my devices (s8, kindle) as the solar charger took care of this.
I would recommend using it with a high capacity battery pack so it cam trickle charge during the day and at night you can then fast charge whatever devices you want. Obviously Lanzarote was sunny most days so probably got maximum results but i can see this being great for my uk camping trips. You can charge 2x devices at once as well (at reduced speed) but I would still opt for a single battery pack and either leave out at camp or attach to back of rucksack with some small carabiners.
I purchased this before spending 3 months in the bush in Africa. eceen are a well respected brand and I've used their other products before.
The panel is large and has hanging holes in the corners, so it's very versitile.
The build quality is good. I was using this mostly with a 20000 size battery pack and in strong sunlight it would charge in about 16 hours of sunlight. I tried to charge my Samsung Glaxy S7 directly from the panel however it overheated my phone after about 10 mins. I don't know if this is due to my phone or the panel but as the phones a bit older, i suspect it cound be the phone. It charged my kindle fire rapidly and with no issues.
After 3 months of constant use, hot, dry and dusty conditions, occasionally being stepped on and once or twice being dropped and drowned in torrential rain, this product still works absolutely fine.
There are cheaper brands and products out there, but if you're in the bush with no access to electricty, spend the bit extra and get this. You don't want to be caught short by a cheap product breaking.